You must have developed interest for this renounced University before looking for the University of Manchester Acceptance Rate. It is good to have the accurate knowledge about the University statistics before applying for them and that is while this article is best for you.
This university is ranked in the top 30 universities by the QS World University Rankings. Also it’s one of the world’s leading research universities, the university is home to 450 societies and clubs for numerous fields like sports, drama, literature, etc. Getting admission to such a renowned institution is not an easy task.
University of Manchester has around 40,000 international students getting admissions for the academic session, the University of Manchester is considered one of the prestigious universities in the United Kingdom.
University of Manchester acceptance rate is fair when compared to other equal institutions and this post will help you on the basic statistics including acceptance rate of Manchester University.
- 1 University of Manchester statistics
- 2 Why Study At University Of Manchester
- 3 About the University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
- 3.1 Acceptance Rate For Bachelors Courses
- 3.2 University of Manchester Acceptance Rate For MBBS, BDS & Other Medical Courses
- 3.3 Master’s Courses at University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
- 3.4 For the MSc in Finance and Business Economics
- 3.5 For Pharm D Course
- 3.6 University of Manchester Acceptance Rate For PhD Courses
- 4 University of Manchester Eligibility & Admission Criteria
- 5 Application Procedure for University Of Manchester
- 6 Conclusion
University of Manchester statistics
- University: University of Manchester
- Acceptance Rate: 56.1%
- Tuition fees:
- UG: 18,000 GBP-40,000 GBP
- [18 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs]
- PG: 19,000 GBP-44,000 GBP
- [19 Lakhs to 44 Lakhs]
- International students: 29%
- Minimum GPA: 3.4
Why Study At University Of Manchester
Founded in 1889, Manchester University is a private institution which has a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,191,
It’s a rural settlement with a campus size of 125 acres. It uses a 4-1-4-based academic calendar. Its tuition and fees are $33,624.
Manchester University explores to graduate persons who possess both abilities like skills needed for graduate school or their first job and convictions like the values that will shape their life choices and contributions.
So, When applying to Manchester University, it’s necessary to note the application deadline is rolling.
The application fee at Manchester University is $25. Scores for both the ACT or SAT test are due N/A. It is less selective, with an acceptance rate of 59 percent.
The student-faculty ratio at Manchester University is 12:1, and the school has 56.5 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
The most popular majors at Manchester University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies; Health Professions and Related Programs; Education; and Psychology.
Manchester University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,191, with a gender distribution of 47 percent male students and 53 percent female students. The University of Manchester acceptance rate is fair for sure.
Also, in this school, 74 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated, or -affiliated housing and 26 percent of students live off-campus. In sports, Manchester University is part of the NCAA III.
About the University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
Do you know about the 2021 Fully funded Chevening Scholarship
Going forward with the University of Manchester acceptance rate. The application fee is a nominal amount of $25 and the deadline to apply to the university is still rolling.
To be frank, the University of Manchester acceptance rate is 56.1% because the university is quite selective of its candidates. However, even this acceptance rate is good considering that it is an achievable target for international students.
Having the knowledge of the overall acceptance rate of Manchester University, it’s time to take a more detailed look into the University of Manchester acceptance rates of the particular schools of the university as well as the popular programs offered by it.
Acceptance Rate For Bachelors Courses
The University of Manchester acceptance rate is 53% for bachelor’s programs. Acquiring a bachelor’s degree in your dream field from the UoM would provide your career with a strong foundation.
There are many number of bachelors programs available at the institution like BA courses, Bachelor of Science, BTech, BE degree, etc.
We are familiar with the high standards of the acceptance rate the university, hence it is advised that you must score 1300 on the SAT exam or 27 ACT exam.
University of Manchester Acceptance Rate For MBBS, BDS & Other Medical Courses
For MBBS, BDS, Nursing and other medical science courses, University of Manchester acceptance rate is 12.3%. Earning a degree in the esteemed field of medicine from the UoM can boost your career.
At the University of Manchester, Programs like MBBS, BDS, etc are available at the university. With a top-notch application and good scores in the competitive exams, you are all set to climb your way through the 12.3% acceptance rate.
Once you attain the degree from the institution, you become eligible for applying for the provisional registration under the General Medical Council.
Master’s Courses at University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
When it comes to the University of Manchester master’s courses (taught), the acceptance rate is around 35% as per 2018/2019 statistics.
The university offers a plethora of postgraduate programs such as a full-time MBA, MSc Biochemistry, MClin Res Clinical Research, MSc Finance, amongst others.
For the MSc in Finance and Business Economics
One of the most popular masters programs at the institution is MSc in Finance and Business Economics which experiences cutting-edge competition every year. It has an acceptance rate as low as 10% thus, you must focus on drafting a meticulous application for the same.
For Pharm D Course
The university offers a reputable doctorate degree in Pharmacy under the name Pharm D. The University of Manchester acceptance rate for this Pharma D course is 28%.
Also due to the bare minimum acceptance rate, it is necessary for the candidates to outshine from the hoard of applicants.
It is mandatory for aspirants to at least have a GPA of 2.5 along with minimum C grade in their previous programs. Also, the candidates must have 3 LORs along with their supplemental application.
University of Manchester Acceptance Rate For PhD Courses
The University of Manchester acceptance rate for PhD is 53%. The university strives to accommodate more and more students hence, the official authorities have kept simple eligibility criteria for PhD courses. Out of a plethora of applicants who wish to pursue a doctorate program this institution must pull up their socks to tackle this acceptance rate.
NOTE: The aforementioned acceptance rate as well as the prerequisites for certain courses are estimated and may change.
University of Manchester Eligibility & Admission Criteria
There have being debate about pharmacologist and pharmacist do you care to check it out
Before we jump to the University of Manchester acceptance rate, let us first understand the differing admission process for bachelor’s degree courses and master’s degree courses at the university.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses at University of Manchester
A bachelor’s degree in the United Kingdom lasts for about three to four years. There are no generalised subjects that you need to study before moving on to the subjects of your specialisation.
An essential thing to remember is that UCAS is the only way to apply for an undergraduate degree at this university. Hence, it is an important factor while considering the University of Manchester acceptance rate.
UCAS is the centralised portal for admission and allows you to apply to a maximum of 5, UK universities. Before submitting your UCAS application, you need to include the scores of all the tests you have already appeared for.
Also, you are required to write down the predicted score for the tests due in your final high school year. The senior secondary marks are required if you are directly applying from high school.
Other than knowing the University of Manchester acceptance rate, it is also pivotal to comprehend the entry process for each program and the certain generalised requirements that need to be fulfilled and majorly vary as per the country one is coming from. For Indian students planning to apply to the University of Manchester, the general requirements for undergraduate courses are as follows:
- For those opting for A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB), they can send their application for ‘direct entry’ into the undergraduate degree’s first year. Further, only A-levels or International Baccalaureate is taken into consideration for applications for programs in Dentistry or Medicine.
- A good score in English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Those who have completed XII standard, i.e. Higher Secondary School certificate, they are completely eligible to apply for undergraduate programs given that they have at least 80% minimum as their overall percentage.
- Also, certain degree courses especially those in Management require candidates to have a minimum of 85% in a minimum of two subjects.
- Those applicants who got an overall of 70% or higher (with at least 75% in Physics and Mathematics and 65% in English) in XII standard will be eligible for the UoM’s Science and Engineering with an Integrate foundation year programme.
- For UoM’s Biosciences with a foundation year programme, the completion of the Higher School Secondary certificate is the main eligibility criteria and the applications are generally considered on a case to case basis.
- If a student has completed XII standard with an overall of 65% or more from any exam boards that are not recognised to get direct entry into the UoM, but are mainly considered for the varied foundation programmes in Social Sciences, Law, Management, Psychology, Pharmacy, Biosciences, Humanities, Science and Engineering, which are run in collaboration with INTO Manchester.
Master’s & Research Courses
At the University of Manchester, the course structure of your undergraduate degree will be under scrutiny for admission for postgraduate degrees.
Some courses require work experience or some kind of written work where your knowledge from the undergraduate degree was applied. You can also show your experience in a subject that serves as a prerequisite in the current course you are applying for.
A master’s degree in the United Kingdom lasts for a year or two maximum while research especially PhD courses can span for more than that. The eligibility for different specialisations alters according to the degree and branch.
However, the generalised entry requirements for a Master’s degree and research courses as per the University of Manchester acceptance rate are:
- The student must have completed at least a three-year degree and achieved first class from a recognized institution are eligible for postgraduate studies though there are additional requisites for those wanting to do an MBA.
- For MBA, a minimum of three years of work experience after the completion of graduation is the essential criteria.
- For PhD programs, students must have obtained a three-year degree with first-class as well as masters from reputable institutions and a research proposal is also required.
Application Procedure for University Of Manchester
You must make your undergraduate application to The University of Manchester through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) after knowing the University of Manchester Acceptance rate.
Please read through to the guidelines to know how and when to apply.
- You can apply to UCAS from 1 September for entry the following fall.
- The normal closing date for receipt of applications is 15 January, after which you can apply through UCAS Extra. (The deadline for international applications is 30 June.)
- If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, or for courses leading to a professional qualification in medicine or dentistry, the closing date is 15 October in the year prior to entry.
- In many cases, you can defer entry by one year, especially if you wish to gain relevant work experience or improve your language skills. Please check with the admissions team for the relevant subject before submitting your UCAS form.
Special Information For dIfferent Applicants
International Applicants: You can apply through UCAS just like UK applicants. You will need to meet the school’s general entry requirements, with a specified level of ability in the English language.
Disabled Applicants: The University of Manchester provides uniformity of opportunity through the best likely level of support to prospective and current disabled students.
If you have a disability or medical condition, or you require additional support needs, we urge you to disclose it on your UCAS application form.
This information will enable us to contact you to know what changes can be made and what support you will require once you arrive.
Minors (under the age of 18 on 1 September in your year of entry): you are legally considered to be a minor (ie not yet adult). If you have not reached the age of 18 at the start of your course.
Therefore, We will carry out a risk assessment to decide what special arrangements, if need be before we agreed to make you an offer.
With good University of Manchester acceptance rate, We welcome applicants who are returning to education after working or other experiences.
While we examine your application against the standard entry criteria of the course to which you apply,
Meanwhile, we do recognize that standard selection criteria and procedures may not allow you to demonstrate your full potential.
Depending on your choice of course and individual circumstance, the admissions staff may summon you for an interview, or to take an additional test.
Also, they may ask you to provide added information to ensure that we can make an informed decision on your application.
Applicants for courses requiring a medical fitness assessment: Actually, Some courses may expect you to initiate a medical fitness assessment in order to meet with the requirements of relevant professional bodies.
The admitting School will guide you through this process if necessary.
Applicants who are re-applying to Manchester: If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful, you can apply again since the University have good acceptance rate.
They will consider your application against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry.
In your new application, you should explain how you have improved in your application.
They may bring upon all information from your former applications or any former registrations as a student at the University when they assess your fitness for your chosen course.
We have come to find out the overall University of Manchester acceptance rate and also the specific acceptance rate of other degrees at the institution like Bachelors degrees, Masters in different fields and PhD courses.
looking for the University of Manchester acceptance rate is very important for anyone who wants to apply for the School