If you’ve been charged with a crime in Michigan, you’ll need a top criminal defense attorney to help you navigate the state’s legal system. Michigan has some of the best criminal defense attorneys in the country, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
To help you narrow down your search, we’ve compiled a list of the top criminal defense attorneys in Michigan. These lawyers have a proven track record of success in criminal cases, and they’re all well-respected in the legal community.
1. Geoffrey Fieger
Geoffrey Fieger is one of the most well-known criminal defense attorneys in Michigan. He’s represented some high-profile clients, including Jack Kevorkian and the family of Dr. King. Fieger has a reputation for being aggressive and fearless in the courtroom, and he’s had success in a variety of criminal cases.
2. John Philip Hollister
John Philip Hollister is another top criminal defense attorney in Michigan. He’s been practicing law for over 30 years, and he’s handled a wide variety of criminal cases. Hollister is known for being an excellent trial lawyer, and he has a proven track record of success in the courtroom.
3. Scott Lewis
Scott Lewis is a respected criminal defense attorney who has been practicing law for over 20 years. He’s handled a wide variety of criminal cases, and he has a proven track record of success. Lewis is known for being a tenacious and aggressive lawyer, and he’s had a lot of success in jury trials.
4. Jonathan Warshaw
Jonathan Warshaw is a top criminal defense attorney who has been practicing law for over 25 years.
Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
When you are charged with a crime, you need the best criminal defense attorney you can find to represent you in court. In Michigan, there are many great criminal defense attorneys to choose from. Here are some of the top criminal defense attorneys in Michigan:
1. Barton Morris – Barton Morris is the founding partner of the Morris Law Group, a criminal defense law firm in Birmingham, Michigan. He is a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Oakland County and has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers.
2. Scott Grabel – Scott Grabel is the founder and managing partner of Grabel & Associates, a criminal defense law firm with offices in Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan. He is a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office and has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers.
3. Jennifer M. Kessel – Jennifer Kessel is a partner at the Detroit law firm of Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC. She is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan and has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer.
4. John A. Royal – John Royal is a partner at the Grand Rapids law firm of Nessel and Jessell, PLC. He is a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Kent County and has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer.
5. Brian J. McKenna – Brian McKenna is a partner at the Lansing law firm of Gagnon, Peacock and Vereeke, PLC. He is a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Ingham County and has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer.
Criminal Defense Attorney Free Consultation.
If you have been charged with a crime in Michigan, you may be wondering whether you should hire a criminal defense attorney. The answer to this question depends on many factors, including the severity of the charge, the strength of the evidence against you, and your own personal preferences.
While you are not required to hire an attorney, it is important to understand that the criminal justice system is complex and you may be at a disadvantage if you try to navigate it on your own. A skilled criminal defense attorney can help you understand the charges against you, investigate the evidence, and develop a strong defense.
If you are facing a serious charge, it is generally advisable to hire an attorney. Even if the evidence against you is strong, an attorney may be able to negotiate a plea deal with the prosecutor or get the charges reduced.
If you are facing a less serious charge, you may be able to represent yourself. However, you should still consider speaking with an attorney to get advice on how to proceed. Many attorneys offer free consultations, so it is worth exploring your options.
No matter what charges you are facing, it is important to remember that you have the right to an attorney and you should not hesitate to exercise that right if you believe it is in your best interests.
Top Criminal Defense Attorneys Near Me
If you have been charged with a crime, you need the best criminal defense attorney you can find. But how do you choose the right one?
There are a few things to consider when selecting a criminal defense attorney. First, you need to find someone who specializes in criminal defense. There are many attorneys who practice general law, but you want someone who specializes in criminal defense and has experience handling cases like yours.
Second, you need to find an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state. Each state has different laws and you want an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your state.
Third, you need to find an attorney who has a good reputation. You can ask around to see if anyone you know has used an attorney and if they had a good experience. You can also check online reviews.
Fourth, you need to find an attorney who you feel comfortable with. This is someone you will be sharing personal information with, and you need to feel comfortable doing that.
Finally, you need to find an attorney who you can afford. Ask about their fees and whether they offer payment plans.
If you are facing criminal charges, you need the best criminal defense attorney you can find. Use these tips to help you choose the right one.