To apply to the Study Abroad programme, you’ll need to be studying towards a degree at a recognised university in country, and have completed at least one year of your course. This means you’ll join us during or at the start of your second year of study. You will also need to provide evidence of your learning and proficiency in English as a language.
We offer a wide range of subject areas to suit your degree, and you can view all our offered routes in the Study Abroad Programme Catalogue (PDF). Your first year of study must be relevant to the route you choose.
subject areas include
- Animation and games
- Creative writing
- Film, Screen and Stage
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Media and communications
Students from outside the EEA or Switzerland need a visa to study in the UK. You must hold a valid UK visa that entitles you to study at Sheffield Hallam University before you can begin your course with us.
Visas can take several weeks to come through once you’ve completed your application, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of time.
If you need support with your visa application, our student experience advisors can offer help via Skype and email. More information can be found in the pre-arrival guide (PDF).
Tuition fees are payable for students on the Study Abroad programme.
- One semester EU £4625, International £6625
- One year EU £9,250, International £13,250
In addition you’ll also need to cover your own accommodation and living costs.
Students from countries outside the EEA/Switzerland that require a student visa may be asked to provide evidence that they can afford to pay living costs whilst in the UK. More information is available in our pre-arrival guide (PDF).
Sheffield has a low cost of living compared to other major UK cities, meaning your money will go further. Living costs here are significantly lower than in London.
Study Abroad scholarships are available for students starting in September 2019 and January 2020.
Don’t worry about finding somewhere to stay during your time in Sheffield – we’ve already done it for you!
We reserve places for Study Abroad students within our popular Liberty Hall complex.
Liberty Hall is located right in the city centre, so everything Sheffield has to offer will be right on your doorstep and you’ll never be short of things to see and do. With great access to public transport, you’ll easily be able to explore Sheffield and the surrounding area such as the Peak District.
Living at Liberty Hall is safe, secure and affordable – it costs less than half the price of renting a similar place in London. You’ll also save on travel costs as the complex is just a short walk from both the City and Collegiate Campus.
The accommodation fee for Liberty Hall is £120 per week for those studying on our Study Abroad Programme.
Your place at Liberty Hall is guaranteed if you apply for your accommodation by 1 August for September start and 1 December for January start. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We do offer a range of alternative accommodation should this not suit your needs. For more information visit our accommodation page.
If you’d like to study in Sheffield as part of an exchange or Study Abroad programme, here’s your step-by-step guide:
- Take a look at our Study Abroad Programme catalogue (PDF) for information on modules and routes
- Check that you meet the entry requirements
- Speak to your university’s exchange coordinator or Study Abroad advisor and get their approval for your application
- Find out whether you’ll need a student visa, and if so, apply as early as possible
- Please complete the application form (PDF)
- Submit your application to study with us to email@example.com, in plenty of time
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for your accommodationbefore 1 August or 1 December to be guaranteed a place at Liberty Hall.
- If you are starting a course in September 2019 or January 2020, consider applying for our Study Abroad scholarship.
- Download our Pre-arrival guide (PDF)
Remember, we are on hand to answer your questions and provide support throughout the application process. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Submit your application by:
- 1 August for September start
- 1 December for January start
Applications accepted after these dates will be processed on a case by case basis
Apply for accommodation at Liberty Hall by:
- 1 August for September starts
- 1 December for January starts
Apply for the Study Abroad scholarship:
- 31st May for September 2019 starts and 1 November for January 2020 starts.