Can i get scholarships after i graduated college?

You may be well educated, but are you financially secure? This is while the question “Can i get scholarships after i graduated college?” is important.

College grads everywhere are wondering what they should do for their next step. Should I get another degree? Should I finally start my own business after all these years of daydreaming about it? Should I take the time to travel the world or get a job to help pay off my student loans in a hurry?

The truth is that you can do any of those options (or some combination thereof) and still come out ahead. Education and training are necessary for good employment and a fulfilling life, but they don’t have to be your only plan. Also, once you’ve hit the elusive magic number of $60K, say goodbye to any concerns about paying off your student loans. All that you need to do is keep a low enough balance to stay out of trouble with the IRS.


Can I get scholarships after I graduated college?

Yes, you can get scholarships to further your education after graduation. is a great resource for scholarships that will be open to you after graduating high school or college. By visiting our site, you can search for a variety of scholarships that are available to you in your post-graduation life.

Can you get scholarships to pay off student loans after graduation?

Some of these possibilities can be applied for after graduation, while others must be applied for before the end of your last year of high school.

1. Repayment Program for Nurse Corps Loans

If you are a registered nurse (RN), advanced practice nurse (APN), or nurse faculty (NF) staff member, the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program can cover up to 85 percent of your nursing student debt.

You must work in a critical shortage facility (CSF), which is a medical facility located in traditionally underserved areas, as part of this program. If you agree to work at a CSF for two years, you will be reimbursed for 60% of your school debt. If you agree to continue on for a third year, you will be reimbursed for a further 25% of your remaining debt.

To be eligible, you must hold a recognized degree. You may learn more about this program and apply online by visiting this page.

2. Loan Repayment Program for the National Health Service Corps

The NHSC Loan Payback Program is intended to give eligible health care workers with up to $50,000 in student debt repayment. You must be a medical, dental, psychiatric, or behavioral health professional with an approved degree and student loan debt to qualify.

This program requires you to work in a designated health professional shortage area (HPSA), which serves communities where access to care has historically been limited. Each HPSA has its own score that indicates its level of need, and this number determines how much debt payback you are eligible for.

To qualify for help, you must work at a certified HPSA for at least two years. If you work two years half-time at an HPSA with a score of 0-13, you can get up to $15,000 in help; if you work two years half-time at an HPSA with a score of 14 or higher, you can earn up to $25,000 in aid.

If you work two years full time at an HPSA with a score of 0-13, you can get up to $30,000 in help, but if you work two years full time at a site with a score of 14 or above, you can receive up to $50,000.

More information on the NHSC program and how to apply may be found here.

Read Also: What kind of questions are asked in Scholarships interview

3. Loan Repayment Program for Contraception and Infertility Research

If you want to work in medical research or already work in one, you may be eligible for the Contraception and Infertility Research Loan Repayment Program. This program is intended to assist graduate students in repaying their student loans by paying up to $35,000 a year of debt.

To be eligible, you must be a qualified health care practitioner working in reproductive research to help in the development of contraceptives or investigating infertility treatments and causes. To be eligible for payment, you must also commit to at least two years of study in this subject.

More information on the Contraception and Infertility Research Loan Repayment Program, as well as an application, may be found here.

4. The John R. Justice Program is the fourth program in the John R. Justice System.

If you are or will be a municipal, state, or federal public defender, you should look into the John R. Justice Program. This is a grant program that applies to Stafford, Graduate PLUS, Consolidation, and Perkins loans.

Person eligibility conditions and grant amounts vary by state, but an individual can receive a lifetime award of up to $60,000 in compensation.

You may learn more about the John R. Justice Program and apply online by visiting this page. Other scholarships, grants, and financing options are available via the United States Department of Justice.

5. Forgiveness of Federal Teacher Loans

If you are a teacher with federal student loans, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness in full or in part. The Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program is a government program that allows you to forgive up to $17,500 in subsidized and unsubsidized student debts.

To be eligible, you must have a teaching degree and agree to work for at least five years at a low-income school or educational facility. Your debts must also be in good standing in order to qualify for this award. This award is mostly given to full-time teachers, although some cash is available to part-time instructors as well.

More information on the federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, as well as how to apply, may be found here.