The sara Scholarship for female high school students for 2021 season is now open for Eligible Candidates.
The Sara Scholarship application for 2021 is open. The 2021 application deadline is April 30, 2021. A minimum of eleven (11) $2000 scholarships will be awarded in 2021 to female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
Sara Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for the Sara Scholarship, applicants must…
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
Application must include…
- Completed Sara Scholarship Application form
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (including Fall semester grades from senior year)
- Applicant’s personal essay (see section VI of application)
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- In order to qualify for the Sara Scholarship, you must first file a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education to determine your eligibility for student aid. It is extremely important to do this as soon as possible, as the application takes time to process and deadlines vary from state to state. Once your application is processed, the Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing your eligibility for aid.
- ONE letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation.
Sara Scholarships deadline
The completed Sara Scholarship application and all supporting documents (see application checklist above) must be put in the same envelope and postmarked on or before April 30, 2021.
Apply using mail
The Sara Scholarship, the Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation, 310 N. Kensington Ave., LaGrange Park, IL. 60526
Sara Scholarships notification
Winning applicants will be notified on or before August 15, 2021.
The application can be downloaded from the link below.