The joy of getting off undergraduate school can be so overwhelming that you may not know where to start or how to apply and you are asking yourself, how many grad schools should I apply for? is there a maximum or a minimum number or should I just apply to as many grad schools as I want?
Well, the number of grad schools you apply to is based on what you want but I will say this, the number of grad schools that you apply to will determine how serious you will be when you are writing an application.
What do I mean? When I say how serious you will be, I mean dedication in writing a good and compiling application that may not be rejected why? Because it is your number one and there are no other alternative schools you will like to study.
But when you have a lot of grad schools in mind, you will end-up just writing whatever you like on the application and submit and then say to yourself. Let’s see if they will accept but if they don’t, then other grad schools will.
And rejection is not what you want when you are applying to any grad school.
So minimizing the number of grad schools you apply to will help you to be real and genuine when writing the application. When you are real and genuine in your application, it will be easy for them to understand who you are, and what you can do.
Therefore, to be honest, you shouldn’t apply to more than 10 schools. So whatever number you wish to apply, it should be between 3 to 6 schools but if you want to go more than that, make sure that you don’t cross the maximum of 10 schools no matter how competitive the schools you apply to.
Applying to more than 10 grad schools will only affect your chances of getting in.
What is grad school
Grad Schools are schools in which undergraduates attend in other to be exposed to more research, and training in their field of careers. grad school is higher than Bachelor’s degrees.
grad schools students are Master’s degree holders, and Doctoral degree holders (Ph.D.).
What are the chances of getting accepted into any grad school?
Your chances of getting into any of the grad schools you have applied to are based on the kind of schools you choose during your application.
Therefore to stand a chance of getting to any of the schools, ensure that while applying, you include some schools that are not highly competitive to get accepted.
For example; if you are choosing Harvard, and John Hopkins among the grad schools you are applying, to which is the top-ranking school, means it will be one of the most competitive schools to get into, ensure that you select another school that is not that competitive.
This will give you a chance of getting accepted into any of the grad schools that same season instead of applying again next season.
What is the usefulness of grad school?
While considering how many grad schools should i apply for, it is also important to know its benefit. There are many advantages for a grad school and some of them are;
- You will be getting more exposure in the area of your career.
- You will also have the opportunity to work in a higher place (position).
- You will earn well in no time.
How many years is grad schools
Every grad school is between a year plus five months to two years, that’s to say by the second year of your study, you should be done with your program.
Do I get paid in grad school
No, you don’t get paid in grad school except you are rendering a service to the school as an assistantship, stipend then you will get paid for all your services.
How to keep your application engaging when applying
- Before sending your application to any grad school, ensure that you take a tour of the school either by going to the campus or online. this will help you to know some things about the school.
- Show the admission committee a genuine interest in the program and a strong reason why you want to study the course, and why it must be in their school.
- Tell them about your experience during your visit to the school, what you saw should be attached to your reasons why you think that the school is the one for you.
- Let them know what you are bringing to the table as a part of the investment for the growth of the school. this can be a talent.
- Don’t be scared while application; when you are afraid negative thoughts will set in and you will end up writing whatever comes to your head at that time instead of sitting down to compile your application using the inspiration you are having.
Try to be confident when you are typing your application letter. Am sure the questions on how many grad schools should i apply for has been answered.
Success in your pursuit.