Every student studying mathematics in secondary education must undertake the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examination. The WAEC Mathematics curriculum covers the following topics: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and their Applications.
This article will provide you with tips on how to prepare for WAEC Mathematics examination as well as overcome various challenges that face students in this subject. The different levels of mathematics used in the examination cover the following topics/fields of study: Basic mathematics, Pure mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Analysis and numerical methods. Students who want to partake in any of the above-mentioned examinations must have a thorough understanding of all topics that include calculations.
For the preparation of the above subjects, students must form groups of three to four persons. Group members will be responsible for assessing each other’s work. Group members should individually evaluate the contents and activities undertaken by the other members within their group.
This means that each member of the group is expected to know the level of work that his peers performed in their respective areas of study.
It is common practice to ask a few friends or staff members to provide their suggestions on whether or not a particular assignment was done well.
7 Ways to Pass WAEC Mathematics:
1. Ensure that you understand all concepts thoroughly. Before you start any assignment, make sure that you have a clear idea about the topic being studied. Scope out the syllabus and plan your time accordingly. Ensure that you do not rush through any of the topics/studies as this will result in poor performance.
2. Solve as many past papers as you can get your hands on before examination day. Don’t read the whole question in one go, take it one step at a time and then look at the question again later if you have time left over to do so. Be sure you write down everything clearly and correctly to avoid unnecessary delays during invigilation or marking of scripts.
3. Learn from your mistakes and adjust your work accordingly to ensure that you do not commit any errors that could affect your performance.
4. Attend class regularly. This is an important component in WAEC Mathematics examinations.
5. Bear in mind that there will be a lot of competing candidates and you must try your best to get good grades.
6. Practice, practice, practice! This is very important in the WAEC Mathematics examination process.
7. Have a clear understanding of the Mathematics syllabus. Make sure you understand the different concepts and topics being taught to you. This will allow you to formulate good work to be submitted in all areas of study.
WAEC Mathematics Examination Tips:
1. Time management is very important and most people do not have enough time to prepare their WAEC examinations, but there are ways on how you can save your time, schedule your work properly, and perform excellently in mathematics examination.
2. Make sure that you do not wait to give your answers. Doing this will cause stress, which in fact will affect the quality of your work.
3. Time management for WAEC Mathematics examination is an essential factor, it means that you should make sure that you allot a specific amount of time for each subject and make sure you have ample preparation time.
4. Materials are important in mathematics examination, but try not to be over reliant on them as this can negatively affect performance in the exam.
5. The time that you have in Mathematics examination is not enough to cover all the topics, so take this into consideration.
6. WAEC Mathematics examination requires that you be good at calculations, this means that you should be familiar with all mathematical terms and symbols.