What is Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships all about
Mauritius Government is giving out scholarships to well deserving school students who reside in member states of the African Commonwealth countries or African union using the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants must be above 18 years of age and must not have reached their 26th birthday before the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants must not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants must not have being up to 40 years before the closing date of application.
- Applicants should have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year which starts in 2020.
- The scholarship will last as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
You can also check out free online courses like
Free online courses in Harvard university
2019/2020 French Gov/Total international Master’s Degree scholarship for Nigerians
1 Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
2 Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
3 Master Two (2) years
4 Ph.D/ MPhil Four (4) years + 6 months for the transfer
from MPhil to PhD
5 PhD Three years
The Scholarship will support successful students in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses while they study in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship will also covers the airfare back by the most economical route.
This will be for travelling from the country of origin at the starting of the studies and back to the country of origin upon completion of studies. The following documents are available for you to download from the Ministry’s website which is (http://ministry-education.govmu.org)
- This document contains very important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where the candidates must have applied for full-time on-campus studies.
II. Application Form (Candidates invited to fill in the form electronically before printing)
Application for the scholarship can only be on the application form, duly filled-in.
Section 5 of the application form must be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the candidate.
Applications which do not pass through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
An application under this Scheme come solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the candidate.
The Nominating Agency, which may be section of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and support the applications of a maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible applicants (five in each category of Undergraduate, MPhil/PhD and Master’s and submit the duly completed application forms for the two intakes of 2020 as per the table below:
Application Deadline: 30th April 2020
Deadline for electronic submission
Deadline for submission of hard
1 March 2020
21 February 2020
28 February 2020
2 August 2020
30 April 2020
15 May 2020
All documents is to be submitted to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of
Mauritius at the address given below for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Division)
MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Demonstration begins in US against Iran Air strike
For More Information Visit the Official Webpage of the Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2020/2021