When looking for the best credentials evaluation service, you must be careful to get the right one. As a person who is not a citizen of the United States of America and desires to study or work in the United States, you need to have your credentials evaluated.
If you are wondering the reasons behind this, it is ok and we are going to look at that later in this article. First, let us see the credentials evaluators and what we need to know about them.
What is the best credentials evaluation service
There are many evaluation services in the United States that can help you do your evaluation but it is important you go with ones that are recognized by the government. This will help you not to have issues with school authorities or other government agencies.
Affiliation with a selective association is an important indication of the quality of a credential evaluation service and an assurance that the evaluations it performs will be reliable.
Which of the credential evaluators is amongst the best
Some of the most commonly used evaluators by international students and immigrants in the United States include
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF),
- Academic Evaluation Services (AES),
- World Education Service (WES),
- Educational Credential Evaluators, (ECE).
World Education service
World Education Services (WES) is a not-for-profit social enterprise dedicated to helping international students, immigrants and refugees achieve their education and career goals in the US and Canada. WES evaluates international educational qualifications, supports the integration of immigrants into the workforce, and provides philanthropic funding to organizations serving immigrants. Since 1974, WES has provided credential evaluations to nearly 3 million individuals from more than 200 countries.
The WES credential evaluation process has been fully digitized which increases the ease of operation in the evaluation process. They also accept and evaluate direct server-to-server files from institutions who are affiliated with them or their partners.
This evidently improves the turn-around times, streamlining tasks for institutions, and creating permanent digital reference portfolios for applicants. This makes it one among the best credentials evaluation services in the United States for students, immigrants and refugees.
Educational Credential Evaluators, (ECE).
The primary business of ECE is the preparation of foreign credential evaluation reports of students and others who are interested in working or studying in the states.
A credential evaluation compares academic and professional degrees obtained in one country with academic and professional degrees obtained in another country. Colleges, universities, employers, licensing boards, and governments use these academic assessments to evaluate foreign education as part of the admissions, hiring, or licensing process.
ECE takes pride in the quality, thoroughness and integrity of their educational diploma evaluations. They also provide support and training to educational institutions and other companies that conduct their own credential evaluation.
American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)
ECE is an Associated Member with AIRC, an organization that promotes ethical recruitment and offers an agent certification program. ECE representatives are frequent presenters at the yearly AIRC conference. ECE is a 2021 Diamond Sponsor of AIRC.
- Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
These partners and many others add ECE on the list of best credentials evaluators service you can get today.
Academic Evaluation service
AES has a mandate to provide fast and accurate services to students and immigrants in need of evaluation and/or translation of foreign academic credentials so that they may further their education and professional careers in the United States.
Their focus is to provide academic evaluations to those educated outside the United States while at the same time setting an example of good business ethics and practices within our local community as well as within the international academic community, both in the United States and internationally.
Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. was founded by a group of international education professionals with vast experience in the field of international admissions, foreign student advising, foreign credential evaluations, university placement, and translations.
Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. is a member of:
- EAIE – European Association for International Educators
- NACES – National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (since May 2008)
- NAFSA – Association of International Educators
- TAICEP – The Association for International Credential Evaluation Professionals
Which is better ECE or WES
Many people has argued on the best credentials evaluation service. Most of the confusion is on the better one between ECE and WES.
Which is better ECE or WES. The fact is that all the credentials evaluation service providers especially the recognized ones by the necessary agencies does a good work when it comes to result, transcript and other evaluations they are known for.
Be it ECE or WES, there is one thing in common, they do the right thing. Though there have been some argument on the best credentials evaluation service but it totally falls on personal observation.
There is no agency or ministry of government that have ranked this evaluators so we can be certain but all we can hear about them is what persons who had dealing with them has to say.
For example, If I have my credentials evaluated by WES and it went smoothly and I got my required grade for my school or work, them I will rank them as good evaluators or the best. Also, if the experience was bad, especially if it took long to to get their feedback, I will talk bad about their services.
Both the ECE and WES are good evaluation service providers and you can work with them because of their past great records.
After the ECA, what next
The Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) obtained through an approved assessing authority like the ones mentioned above is a very important set of documents required to apply for the Canadian Permanent Residency (PR). The ECA with the government approved English/French language test result, such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) English proficiency test result, is a very crucial step in the Canadian immigration process.
The ECA is important in that it help the Canadian Immigration Service verify your qualification, while an approved language proficiency test such as IELTS confirms your proficiency level in the English language and if you also have the French language proficiency you will get an extra 50 points in your CRS, which could be a big boost because of your chances of getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the PR of the (IRCC).
Below is the step-by-step process, after you have obtained both ECA and IELLTS
- Calculatee your points on the Canadian Federal Express Entry System in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category. You need a minimum of 67 out of 100 points based on age, education, work experience, language skills, etc. Create your profile online on the Express Entry (EE) system and submit the Expression of Interest (EOI).
- You will receive a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score and find a place in the Express Entry Pool of candidates.
- The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) holds periodic draws (usually twice a month) to send the candidates with the highest CRS score an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Upon receipt of the Invitation to Apply (ITA), submit the complete Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) application along with the required documents.
- The IRCC will review your application and confirm the authenticity of your documents (on a case-by-case basis) and issue the visa approval accordingly.
- Finally, if you need reliable assistance in applying for the Canadian PR visa, you can contact Visas Avenue – the premier immigration consultant and advisor for the Canadian immigration and PR process. The VA team has an incredible track record of helping immigration applicants successfully apply for the Canadian PR visa
So after you have your credentials evaluated by the top credentials evaluation service systems, you can go ahead to apply for other documents like the Permeant Residency and other documents which will enable you live as a legal immigrants and be able to school and work freely.