Can I Use WAEC GCE To Study Abroad?

Every year, millions of students around the world apply to study at a university abroad. You love your country and you want to go back but know that it is going to be difficult with the amount of people applying for this position.

Some organizations have stopped accepting applications from waec gce holders because there are so many applicants who can’t meet their requirements.

There is still hope if you’re on Waec GCE in Nigeria or any other west African countries. There are so many opportunities for people who can speak English and study in a country where the language is spoken.


Can I Use WAEC GCE To Study Abroad?

Yes, you can use your Waec GCE result to study abroad. In order to do so, you will need a valid passport and visa. Additionally, Waec GCE results can be used to apply for studies abroad.

There are some restrictions on which universities you can attend with Waec GCE results. However, there are a few universities in Ghana and Nigeria that accept Waec GCE results for admission. If you want to study abroad and need more information about using your Waec GCE results, please visit the website or contact the university directly.

Is my WAEC Result Good Enough to Study Abroad?

WAEC and NECO are two of the most popular examinations in Nigeria. Many universities abroad accept students with WAEC or NECO results. However, some universities may require you to take a one-year foundational program before admitting you into the undergraduate program.

There are a few things to consider before applying to study abroad with your WAEC GCE results. Firstly, check the specific requirements of each university you are interested in. Some universities may require you to have a certain grade point average or TOEFL score.

Secondly, even if you meet the general admission requirements, some universities may still choose not to admit you if they feel that your qualifications are not up to par. Lastly, there are scholarships available for students who want to study abroad. The Queen Mary University of London Scholarship, for example, requires that you meet the following requirements:

List of Universities to Study Abroad with WAEC in 2022

While the majority of the universities included in this article allow students directly into their undergraduate programs, others require you to first complete a one-year foundational program.

  • University of Houston
  • Kansas State University
  • University of Sheffield
  • University of Birmingham
  • The University of Manchester


Does University of Toronto accept Waec

Yes, they do. Candidates that are completing the West African Senior School Certificate Examination system are required to present: Grades of at least B2 in Math, Chemistry and Physics in the West African Examination Certificate level (WAEC)

The result or certificate of the National Examination Council (NECO) can be used to gain admission into institutions abroad. However, this is not always the case because some institutions does not accept it yet. Take for instance, if you want to use your NECO result to study in schools like Harvard, University of London etc, it will be probably impossible to use NECO result. The reason is because, those institutions are top tier international schools.

Consequently, they most probably won’t accept a national or local examination certificate. Most schools would rather accept WAEC because it is the most officially recognized examination body in Africa today.

Is Waec accepted in USA?

Waec is accepted in some universities in the USA There may be other supporting tests or examinations with which students are admitted into tertiary institutions, such as the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Nigeria.

If you are not a citizen of the USA, you may need to take an additional test or apply for admission through a program reserved for international students

However, for Germany Entry into a German university is only possible once the applicant has completed one year of tertiary education in Ghana or the completion of a one-year preparatory course (Studienkolleg) in Germany.

Can you use Waec to study abroad?

Waec (Western African Common Entrance Examination) is a national examination in West Africa that students can use to study abroad. Students who pass the Waec exam can apply for scholarships to study in foreign universities. The Western African Examinations Council (WAEC) administers the Waec exams throughout West Africa. To prepare for the WAEC, students should take English language classes and practice writing essays.

To apply for a scholarship, students must submit their WAEC results and other documents such as an official transcript from their home school or college.